The MBA Programme is consists of 12 courses. These can be completed in one year study full-time, or two to four years of part-time. There are three trimesters. The three trimesters are 12 weeks long; full-time students take four courses during each of these trimesters. Part-time students take one or two courses per trimester.
A student who obtains three fail grades will not be allowed to continue with the MBA programme.
The following 11 core units are compulsory in the MBA programme, and an elective course has to be done from one of the electives listed below or MBA425 can be done which is supervised independent research.
Electives: Every student can take one elective course of his/her choice. The elective permits students to pursue their own interests. They may be selected from: electives offered by the MBA Programme, courses offered by other postgraduate programmes at USP, and supervised independent study.
MBA Electives :
- MBA 430: Special Topics in Business Administration
- MBA 421: Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- MBA 422: Financial Institutions and Markets
- MBA 425: Independent Study
- MBA 441: International Marketing
- MBA 442: Services Marketing and Management
- MBA 443: E-Marketing for Managers
Students may also select elective units from the list of postgraduate units offered by the Faculty of Business and Economics(FBE) such as:
- AF 420: Financial Statement Analysis
- AF 433: Advanced Studies in Financial Accounting
- DG 410: Development Theories and Alternatives
- DG 413: Special Topics in Development Studies
- DG 414: Rule of Law
- DG 415: Urbanisation, Development and Urban Planning
- DG 416: Development Internship
- EC 408: International Finance and Development
- EC 412: Economics of Governance and Institutions
- MG 401: Industrial Relations
- MG 404: Human Behavior in the Context of Work and Organisations
- MG 405: Management in the Context of Development
- MG 406: Special Topics in Management: Risk Management
- MG 409: Commercialisation, Corporatisation and Privitisation
- MG 410: Consumer Behavior
- MG 411: Project Management
- MG 412: Supply Chain Management
- LM 401: Urban Land Economics
- LM 402: Property Investment and Development Analysis
- TS 401: Perspectives on International Tourism